Upholstery Chair Logo
  Professional Upholstery & Soft Furnishings Group: The premier website for Modern and Antique Furniture Upholsters, Marine Canvas Fabricators, Automotive Upholstery, Draperies, Slipcovers, and Awnings. Join our online network and improve your business!
Professional Upholstery & Soft Furnishings Group: The premier website for Modern and Antique Furniture Upholsters, Marine Canvas Fabricators, Automotive Upholstery, Draperies, Slipcovers, and Awnings. Join our online network and improve your business! Professional Upholstery & Soft Furnishings Group: The premier website for Modern and Antique Furniture Upholsters, Marine Canvas Fabricators, Automotive Upholstery, Draperies, Slipcovers, and Awnings. Join our online network and improve your business! Our typical member is a small business, either home based or with an outside shop. Professional members enjoy the use of an extensive forum, private chat room, newsletters, photo gallery, free listing, discounted web hosting, and access to a database of suppliers.    
Professional Upholsterers & Soft Furnishings Group Forum Login

Search Site

Results per page:

Match: any search words all search words

click on menu heading
Who's Online
14 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: consew 101 bobbin and case  (Read 2948 times)

Offline tom

• NonProMember
consew 101 bobbin and case
« on: July 24, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »
Would anyone have a bobbin holder and bobbins for this machine please let me know Thanks TOM

Offline papasage

• NonProMember
  • I'm a llama!
    • stricklandupholstery
Re: consew 101 bobbin and case
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:25:52 PM »
click on the supplliers page at top  go to  the T

59dotline

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »
I know this is a rather old thread, but I'm bumping to find info on a Consew 101. I just bought one and am looking for anyone that has owned one or any information about the machine and it's capabilities. The machine I bought was owned by a lady named Ruth who was the personal seamstress for Gene Autry for many years, and used this machine to make costumes for his band and curtains and waitress uniforms for restaurants at Anaheim Stadium when Gene bought the Angels. I bought the machine for my daughter to learn to sew on and she wants to start a home-business making purses. Anyone out there know this machine? Thanks for helping a newbie.

Offline Dede

• ProUphMember
  • Slipcover Goddess-In-Training
    • www.WorkroomButtons.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 06:19:34 AM »
First thing... do you have the manual?

Offline kimel

• ProUphMember
  • Thank God for second chances!
    • Kim's Upholstery Shop
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:47:51 AM »
I love a good story :)
Contact Bob Kovar, Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines.
His info is in the suppliers list.
Check out my blog!
kimsupholsteryshop.blogspot.com

Offline Jack

• Board Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Jack of all Trades and the Master of None!
    • Carr's Corner Professional Upholstery & Soft Furnishing Group
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »
I love a good story :)
Contact Bob Kovar, Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines.
His info is in the suppliers list.
Except that the supplier list is only accessible by Pro members.  Here is the info for Bob:

Toledo Sewing Machine Sales
3631 Marine Road
Toledo, Ohio 43609 United States
Phone:866-362-7397
Fax:(419) 842-0286

Jack
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Jack Carr
Site Administrator/Webmaster

59dotline

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
Thank you for posting the info about Bob; I will contact him and pick his brain. Yes, I did download the manual, Dede, and there is a wealth of good stuff in there for a 12-page manual. Great pics too, thank you for that link. I have purchased a new industrial-style table and leg set with all new wiring, switch, and lamp, and I have been learning a great deal about sewing machines and how they work by switching it all over to the new table. The clutch motor that came with the machine had been replaced shortly before the previous owner passed away so it is still in great shape, but I want to get a new servo motor so my daughter can learn how to sew with more control over the speed. I have been looking at the Premier CSM 550 and I can get it locally for around $100; would that be a good choice? I am also interested in some information about the capabilities and intended purpose of the Consew 101. The manual mentions "sewing of light and medium cloth, at a speed of 3500 perfect stitches per minute in continuous operation". Would that be appropriate for materials used in making purses and handbags? How about leather or suede? Again, thank you all for helping with this hurdle of ignorance. I picked up this machine along with a Consew 75C Blind Hemmer and a drawer full of supplies, extra feet, and other unknown stuff for a little over $100, so I need to learn about this in order to get my daughter started. 

Contact Webmaster
© Copyright 1998 -   Carrs Corner ©